Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Month of Letters 2014


Greetings, all!  I know this blog has been dead for months now, but I am itching to change that.  And what better way to (gently) wake up a blog entitled "Writing By Hand" than to celebrate the first day of the Month of Letters 2014?  In case you are not familiar with this, it's a month-long challenge which is actually probably one of the most do-able challenges out there: just send a letter or postcard to someone every day the mail runs in February.  So Sundays are out, as well as February 17, which is the President's Day holiday.  That adds up to only 23 pieces of mail.

In case you don't have anyone to write (and a lot of people don't these days, I suppose), the members of the LetterMo site would be glad to swap addresses with you.  You might not (and probably won't) get many life-long penpals out of the exercise, if that's your goal, but you just might!  However, the good news is that any kind of letter or postcard or greeting card would count -- and surely you have some family members or friends that would enjoy a "just because" letter or card?  Or send a thank you note to your favorite author or musician or even just your kid's teacher.  Really, the possibilities are endless.

So I am in, of course, and here's my first day's mailing:


Leave a comment and some contact information in the comments section if you'd like, and I'll make sure you get some mail too!

9 comments:

  1. It was really good to hear from you again and I am participating in lettermo again this year, too. I have some catching up to do with current pen friends, but then it's off to the races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I for one can't wait to get back in the letter-writing trenches!

      Delete
    2. Hello Randall,
      Just checking in,saying hi! Long time since I've heard from you:)
      Patricia Landon

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog... great time for you to be reviving it! I have enjoyed reading through your posts! Love your calligraphy style. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I hope to be posting many more interesting things for you to read in the coming days and weeks.

      Delete
  3. I am not officially participating in LetterMo this year but if you are not too swamped with mail I wouldn't mind receiving something from you. My address is listed on my blog in the About Me page. Thanks for stopping by and entering my give-away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JarieLyn, expect something in the mail from me soon!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Very Impressive Blog

    ReplyDelete