Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Taking the Plunge -- Field Notes Colors Subscription

For a long time (pretty much since they first became available), and like many people in the pen/pencil/paper fetish world, I have been enamored of Field Notes.  I don't use them a lot, and I am probably the next-to-last entry on their Favorite Customer list, but I love these little notebooks.  And I think that Favorite Customer ranking is about to change:


Yes, it's true: I have taken the plunge and ordered a Colors subscription.  "Colors" is the name they give to their special edition line of notebooks that come in different colors (duh) and designs, but all of which are evocative of some special time of year, or tidbit of Americana.  For example, the upcoming edition commemorates the iconic Traveling Salesman (complete with light green ledger pages inside).  These are really beautiful little notebooks, no matter what the color or edition, but this one kind of pushed me over the edge, for some reason.  I had to have it.  (OK, I admit it, I really like a beautiful rich chocolate brown, and especially the shade shown on the covers of these notebooks.  And chocolate.)  And while I was at it, I figured -- why not lock in the other three special editions to come over the next year?

(Photos from the Field Notes website)

I am really looking forward to receiving my first shipment in the Colors subscription, looking forward to using Field Notes again, and looking forward to blogging about them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment